Monday, July 24, 2006

Richard Brautigan's Poetry

So a friend of mine has let me borrow a book of prose and poetry by a writer I had not heard of before, but am enchanted and quite possibly lost in his poetry. I want to share some of it here; the ones that burn me right in the middle of my brain.

"Boo, Forever"
Spinning like a ghost
on the bottom of a
top,
I'm haunted by all
the space that I
will live without
you.

"The Pill Vs. the Springhill Mine Disaster"
When you take your pill
it's like a mine disaster.
I think of all the people
lost inside of you.

"Flowers for Those You Love"
Butcher, Baker, candlestick maker,
anybody can get VD,
including those you love.

Please see a doctor
if you think you've got it.

You'll feel better afterwards
and so will those you love.

"I Feel Horrible. She Doesn't"
I feel horrible. She doesn't
love me and I wander around
the house like a sewing machine
that's just finsihed sewing
a turd to a garbage can lid.

"I've Never Had It Done So Gently Before"
The sweet juices of your mouth
are like castles bathed in honey.
I've never had it done so gently before.
You have put a circle of castles
around my penis and you swirl them
like sunlight on the wings of birds.
(has anyone ever made oral sex so beautiful before?)

"Map Shower"
I want your hair
to cover me with maps
of new places,

so everywhere I go
will be as beautiful
as your hair.

"Discovery"
The petals of the vagina unfold
like Christopher Columbus
taking off his shoes.

Is there anything more beautiful
than the bow of a ship
touching a new world?

"Xerox Candy Bar"
Ah,
you're just a copy
of all the candy bars
I've ever eaten.

and my favorite (though I have many)
"The Beautiful Poem"
I go to bed in Los Angeles thinking
about you.
Pissing a few moments ago
I looked down at my penis
affectionately.
Knowing it has been inside
you twice today makes me
feel beautiful.

Check him out. I have a ton more, but there's only so much blog space!

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home