Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The New Superman....Rules!!!!

So Partner and I had a super time yesterday; as part of a week long birthday celebration, we went to a G'boro Grasshoppers game at 12:30 and let me tell ya, it was hot! And if it weren't obvious that God is fond of playing cruel jokes on me, we had to sit in front of a bunch of kindergartenders and let me tell you, that was fun! (not really).

Not only that, but Partner caught a foul ball! He had to fight a kid for it, but I say bring it on little man, b/c it was Partner's fair and square and that little rugrat tried to bogart it. But the rightful owner won, and Partner has been carrying it around like a security blanket.

Then we saw the best movie out right now, and that is Superman Returns. It was everything I was hoping it would be, and much to my surprise Brandon Routh goes above and beyond what Superman should be and should be given kudos for filling the shoes of a great big giant. Bravo! He had all the idiosyncracies down, even the index finger glasses push-up. He was anxious but endearingly so, and was so much like Christopher Reeves that it was sort of uncanny; is there such a thing as channeling? I think so. Not since Jim Carrey's acting in "Man on the Moon" have I seen such striking resemblance to another actor. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and am much shamed to see that stupid "Pirates of the Carribbean" has made more money than the man of steel. This movie is leaps and bounds above PotC and it should be relected in the ticket sales.

Go out and support a film that not only pays righteous homage to the previous Superman franchise, but sets out on its own journey, in a respectful and humoring way. I heart Brandon Routh. What a great job by a virtually unknown. Go see it. NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home